We've had a rough 6 weeks or so.
It started off with Seth. First a nasty snotty nose for about a week that went into an ear infection. A few days into the meds for the ear infection Seth came down with a stomach bug, only we thought it was a reaction to the Amoxicillin he was taking. After several days of him having diarrhea he was dehydrated and wouldn't eat or drink we ended up having him admitted to the hospital for fluids. The same day Seth was admitted to the hospital Ryan came home from school with a fever and ended up having an ear infection plus he got the stomach bug. Two miserable boys! Plus Lee and I both got the stomach bug eventually. Our house was pretty sick. Seth ended up perking up after he came home from the hospital and was acting great for a few days then the teething hit. He got 3 molars in within about a week and the poor child was miserable again and wouldn't eat or drink much. I was worried about him. Poor guy had not seemed himself for so long because he hadn't felt well. Once his last stint of teething passed I am happy to say Seth is back to his happy, funny, busy, and interactive self. It's such a breath of fresh air to see him back to his normal personality after all the time of him feeling terrible. We had about 1 week of health and then Ryan got sick again last week. Last Monday he came home from school again with a fever. This time he had strep throat. HE.WAS.MISERABLE. It was the most awful thing ever. I'd rather go through the stomach bug and taking Seth to the hospital than go though strep with Ryan again. He only wanted Mama, so Mama he got. Thankfully Lee's parents had come down because we had a couple of doctor appointments set for Seth's Endocrinology stuff and needed some help so they were able to take care of Seth while I took care of Ryan. He had a fever off and on for about 5 days and missed 2 days of school. I kept thinking that it would be a miracle if I didn't catch strep since he was all over me, laying on me, laying in our bed, wanting me to lay with him on the couch, etc. And then it happened. My throat started to hurt a little on Sunday. Hmmm. I was not pleased! So yep, I got strep this week. My throat has been nasty and I've been under the weather. The kids are finally well thankfully and I'm on the way to being fine. It's been a rollercoaster of sickness around here! We're hoping for heath in the coming weeks!!!



