Monday, April 9, 2012

16 Months Old

Our little guy turned 16 months old today.  WOW.  I can't believe it.  It seems like yesterday he was learning to walk....and we are far from those days now!  There is no more baby here.
Things that Ryan is up to these days:
  • Is chatting up a storm.  Can say these words:  Mama, Mommy, Dada, Poppy, CC, Nana, bubbles, see, eyes, nose, socks, shoes, no, milk, bye-bye, Bobby, poo poo, diaper
  • Has 8 teeth in fully and is cutting a back top tooth
  • Can play outside independently for short periods of time (with us watching constantly, of course)
  • Loves to eat the foods he likes, but refuses to eat anything that he's unsure of- specifically vegetables and meats.  This might be the most frustrating part of toddlerhood at our house.
  • Can point to his nose, ears, eyes, mouth, hair, belly button and feet when you ask him to
  • Loves to say "woof woof" when he sees a dog (and does if for cats too :) )
  • Will sign "please" and "more"
  • Loves the bathtub
  • His hair is getting longer, lots of curls in the back.  He needs a trim in the front again, it's getting in his eyes.
  • Is still into everything...the house is still baby proofed, um, I mean toddler proofed
  • LOVES his grandparents.  Skype has been an awesome tool for us to keep in touch with them.  He loves to skype!
Side Note:  This is how old I was when David was born.  Can I just tell you how much I admire my parents?  I know it was hard, a struggle, and down right crazy but it paid off in the long run.  We grew up being great buds and playmates.  The hard part was a short time in the scheme of things.