The belly is big these days....and it's a perfect spot for a toddler to sit and lay his head down. This was a pic from last week. Not pretty, but you get the drift!
On another note:
Yesterday I tripped over one of Ryan’s trucks that was in the floor and landed on my side/hip/left arm. It startled me of course but I got up and proceeded to get Ryan ready for preschool. I had a regular 36 week doc appt at 9:30 so I just decided I would talk to the doctor then about my fall. When I told the nurse about the fall she must have told my doc because as soon as he came into the room he told me that he had to send me to the hospital for monitoring. So…off I went to the hospital to triage to be monitored. When I arrived I was having some contractions but not too frequently. They drew some lab work to make sure the placenta was ok and had not ruptured, etc. About 2 hrs into being there my contractions became about 3-4 mins apart for about 1 minute a piece…..so we were looking at a steady pace there for a while which was scary because that is a sign of regular labor. They started me on IV fluids to hopefully stop the contractions and get me hydrated—no meds though to stop the contractions, just fluids. They told me that if the contractions continued they wouldn’t do anything medically to stop them and they would continue to let me labor. Yikes!! Not what I was expecting to hear yesterday!!! Luckily the fluids slowed down the contractions. Also, the on call doc checked me and I had not dilated or anything so the contractions were not being productive. They told me that they would treat me like a full term patient since I am 36 weeks, 4 days so if the baby wanted to come, they would let him come. Long story short….after 4 hrs of observation they released me, knowing I was having contractions but not concerned with the way they were. If they get stronger and I have to breathe through them they want me to come back.
Today has been ok. Some contractions still but nothing major. They seem to ramp up when I start moving around. Hopefully this will subside but if not, we could be having our baby a little sooner than we were expecting to!
Also, Ryan and I were planning on traveling to Burlington again on Thursday to say goodbye to my brother and right now it is doubtful that I will be able to handle that. I am struggling with not being able to say goodbye face-to-face for myself and for Ryan. He adores his cousins and I wanted him to really get to say bye too. Skype may have to suffice. I just need to accept that I probably can’t go but my heart wants something different. Not a fun time and the reality hasn’t totally hit that I won’t be able to say goodbye in person. A stressful time for us but it may be better that I can't go due to the emotional nature of our goodbyes. Just wish I could give them all one more hug and kiss. And Ryan too.



