Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sleeping Sweetness

Ryan is at that stage of life where he is toying with the idea of cutting his naps short.  This is NOT something I am anxious for!!!  So there are days he sleeps 1 hr and there are days he sleeps 2+ hrs at naptime.  Some days he'll wake after 1 hr and then go back to sleep.  Yesterday I had to go in when he woke after about 45 mins and chat with him and end up putting him some books in his bed so he could "rest" for the remainder of his naptime.  I ended up needing to wake him up later so bedtime wouldn't be horrible....too long of a nap means he's not sleepy at bedtime.  Here's a look at my sleeping preschooler.   I rarely get to see him sleeping so I love to get a peak at him while he's snoozing.
And yes, he's still in a crib.  It works for our family and he loves it.  One day, around the time he turns 3, we'll transition to the big boy bed.  We are not anxious for this transition either!!