Sunday, January 22, 2012

Loving Books Again

Ryan enjoys his books and really started playing with them when he was only 3-5 months old. Once he could sit up on his own he would sit and play with them for a while at a time. He seemed to prefer them over toys.  Once he became more mobile (more or less walking) he quit paying attention to them which made me very sad. We still read together like always, which he continued to enjoy, but he didn't really sit and play with his books and look at them on his own.  Now, at this point Ryan has been walking for 3 months and I guess the newness of walking has worn off a bit so he's now back paying attention to his beloved books. I love it! He's also paying attention to his toys again. When he first started walking he just was all over the place exploring and touching everything he could...his new way of learning! I assume he's over the newness of walking and is now back to his old interests. It makes Mama very happy. He continues to love to read with me. We will sit together and I can read about 8-12 books at a time over the course of 20 minutes or so and he just loves it. I hope his desire to read continues!! But I hope his desire to look at books on his own continues too!
 
 
Posted by Picasa